Web video conferencing services can also be an online meeting where two or more people engage in a live audio-visual call. With a good internet connection, the participants can see, hear, and talk to each other in real-time, no matter where they are. In business, masses typically use video conferencing to communicate and collaborate within and outside an organization. You require to set up the necessary hardware and software to get the most out of the experience. There were moments when video conferencing was a luxury that only large corporations could afford. Smaller businesses that lack the resources to deploy complex equipment and hire technical experts used other forms of communication.
Web video conferencing services leads people working from different places together in a virtual meeting room. To make this possible, one will need the following:
- A stable net or Wi-Fi connection
- A video screen device like a laptop, desktop monitor, or television screen.
- A computer/conference phone
- Other peripherals such as the webcam, microphone, headset, speaker, etc.
- Video conferencing operating system.
Some offices will include dedicated video conference rooms with high-definition cameras and displays and top-quality audio systems designed specifically for meetings. This amplifies your experience, of course, but the truth is, you can have effective video meetings with just a laptop and the right software.
What are the characteristics of video conferencing software?
- Visually share pdfs, presentations, or images during a video call. With everyone available right on the same page, the whole team can brainstorm more efficiently and decide faster as a group. Some apps will allow the host to share their screen, while others permit any participant.
- At times one may need to annotate on a shared screen. While some applications only allow the host to annotate, others enable simultaneous annotation of other participants.
- Securely send documents to any of the participants in a video call. If you require to transfer a document or a video or audio recording during the meeting, you can do so without using a third-party solution.
- Record videos for later streaming. This is typically done for documentation purposes or to let anyone who missed the meeting catch up on the discussion.
- Minimize noise as it can distract participants from an ongoing meeting. Paper shuffling or typing from a keyboard and other background noises can make the speaker’s voice inaudible.
- Seamlessly switch gadgets in the middle of a call. You can begin a video conference using your desktop computer and switch to your mobile phone as you head to the break room and never have to disrupt the meeting.